– Health Policy: History, Theory and Practice
– Medical Sociology
– Social determinants of Health
– Health Communication
– HIV, STDs, and Tuberculosis
– Gender ,Sexuality, and Sexual Health
– Mixed Methods Research
PhD, School of Social Policy and Practice, University of Pennsylvania Philadelphia, USA
Dissertation: ‘Exploring Financial Incentives to promote Adherence to Anti-retroviral medications in People Living With HIV/AIDS’
• Program Officer (September 2017-October 2017) Advanced Family Planning Jhpiego India, Basti, Uttar Pradesh;
• Ph.D. Scholar and Research Fellow (September 2012- May 2017) School of Social Policy and Practice, University of Pennsylvania, USA;
• Instructor/ Lecturer in Master of Social Work and Master Social Policy programs (January 2016-August 2016) School of Social Policy and Practice, University of Pennsylvania, USA;
• Junior resident (May 2011- June 2012) Department of Cardiology, Rabindranath Tagore International Institute of Cardiac Sciences(RTIICS), Kolkata, West Bengal;
• Sub investigator in Clinical Trial (October 2011-May 2012) Shri Aurobindo Seva Kendra(SASK), Kolkata, West Bengal: Phase 3 Clinical Trials with new agents for Parkinson’s disease and Multiple Sclerosis
• House staff, Department of Medicine (November 2010-April 2011) M.R.Bangur Hospital , Kolkata, West Bengal House staff,
• Department of Surgery (April 2010- October 2010) Midnapore Medical College and Hospital, Midnapore, West Bengal
Health Policy, Communication Skills
• Ali, S., Ghose, T., Jana, S., & Chaudhuri, S. (2014). Exceeding the Individual: A Qualitative Examination of a Community-Led Structural Intervention and Its Implications for Sex Workers and Their Families. Global Social Welfare, 1(2), 53-63.
• Stanton, M. C., Ali, S., & Chaudhuri, S. (2017). Individual, social and community-level predictors of wellbeing in a US sample of transgender and gender non-conforming individuals. Culture, Health & Sexuality, 19(1), 32-49.
• Ali, S., Chaudhuri, S., Ghose, T., & Jana, S. (under review). The Forgotten Mother: Mothering practices among women sex workers in Kolkata, India. Culture, Health & Sexuality.
• Ghose, T., Ali, S., Stanton, M., Chaudhuri, S.& Shubert, G. “I can shut the door on the world” The effects of housing on adherence among HIV-positive released women prisoners. Health and Place.