Artificial Intelligence; Platform Governance; Digital Rights
DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (DPHIL), DEPT. OF POLITICS AND INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS,
UNIVERSITY OF OXFORD, UK-2009-2015
Title: Contesting Humanitarian Space in Political Emergencies
Awards: Trinity College Academic Scholarship & Cyril Foster Research Grant
MASTER OF PHILOSOPHY (MPHIL), DEPT. OF POLITICS AND INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS, UNIVERSITY OF OXFORID, UK-2007-2009
Awards: Trinity College Academic Scholarship
BA (HONS.) LITERATURE & PHILOSOPHY, UTRECHT UNIVERSITY, THE NETHERLANDS – 2002-2005
‘Co-designing Digital Interventions and Technology Interventions’, World Economic Forum, 2021 (with Mark Latonero)
International Relations Theory, Development Cooperation, Humanitarian Politics, and Digital Transformations.
International Relations Theory and Research Methods
Political Theory and International History. Member of undergraduate admissions committee
Founding Director, Digital Futures Lab- 2021
FOUNDING DIRECTOR, TANDEM RESEARCH – 2017- 2021
Tandem Research is a leading voice on technology policy in India. We are a team of 12 researchers from around the country. Our work has been cited in leading media publications in India and globally. We have worked with numerous global and national partners, including Niti Aryog, United Nations, World Bank and the Omidyar Network.
ASSOCIATE FELLOW, CHATHAM HOUSE, UK – 2018 – PRESENT
Associate Fellow with the Asia Pacific Program, covering technology and society issues in India
ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, OP JINDAL GLOBAL UNIVERSITY – 2013-2016
Lead the Centre for Global Governance and Policy.
RESEARCH FELLOW, OBSERVER RESEARCH FOUNDATION – 2015-2016
Lead research on digital policy and development cooperation in India.
LECTURER, ST HILDA’S COLLEGE, UNIVERSITY OF OXFORD -2009-2011
Postgraduate diploma in Journalism Asian College of Journalism, Chennai A grade 2012-13
MSc. Astrophysics, JC Bose Institute, Kolkata, Gold Medal, 2010-12
BSc (Physics Hons), St Xavier’s College, Kolkata, 2007-10
• Jyoti, Dhrubo and Poonam, Snigdha, 2019. Why dalits voted for the BJP, Seminar Magazine
• Jyoti, Dhrubo and Subramanian, Vidya, 2020. Notes from a Newsroom, Exploring Digital Humanities in India, Routledge.
• Jyoti, Dhrubo, 2018. Eleven Ways to Love, Penguin.
SELECT NEWS REPORTS
Written more than 300 articles on elections, politics, national events and communal violence. Majority of articles
written for Hindustan Times. Also, for The Print, DNA and Time Magazine.
• On the Covid-19 pandemic and migrant crisis: Lessons from the migrant crisis, 2021
• On Uttar Pradesh’s love jihad laws: Love or Jihad, 2020
• Ground report from cyclone-hit Bengal: Amphan, 2020
• Ground report on anti-CAA protests and state violence: Violence roils west UP, 2019
• Report on anti-Dalit honour killing: Killed at the altar of love, 2019
• Report on the NRC process in Assam: Caught in the red tape, 2019
• Report on the first week in Kashmir after Art 370 scrapped: A festival with no festivity, 2019
• Report on new forms of caste-based violence: Won’t back off: New turn to India’s caste conflicts, 2018
• Ground report from Bhima Koregaon as violence broke out: New battles of Bhima Koregaon, 2018
Hindustan Times , Delhi May 2013 – continuing
• National Affairs Writer focusing on experiences of caste, discrimination and sexuality
• Head of election coverage and planning at Hindustan Times.
• Part of senior leadership team managing daily news flows and big stories of the day